We strongly encourage all departments seeking to acquire new records management systems to apply for EMPG funding.
EMPG funding is available now. Due date for applications is August 18, 2017. This year, the state has about $2,000,000 allocated for grant funding. Eligible award amounts range from $2,200 for the smallest towns to $69,975 for the largest cities (Boston, Springfield and Worcester.) The majority will be under $20,000. The application and resources can be found here.
According to FEMA, the funding provider for the grant, the only changes are at the state level. Massachusetts is increasing the duration of the grant period from nine months to one year. As always, grant projects must support one or more of the FEMA core capabilities and be aligned with one or more of the Massachusetts State Homeland Security Strategy Goals, which are as follows:
- Engage stakeholders to maintain, enhance, formalize, and integrate the various components of the Homeland Security System into a structure that identifies an guides implementation of homeland security strategy;
- Increase the ability to effectively provide prompt and accurate public information and alerts;
- Protect the Commonwealth from intentional acts of violence and terrorism;
- Enhance resilience across the Commonwealth by preparing for and mitigating against acts of terrorism and natural, technological and intentional hazards;
- Increase capacity across the Commonwealth to effectively respond to acts of terrorism and natural, technological and intentional hazards; and
- Enhance capacity across the Commonwealth to recover from acts of terrorism and natural, technological and intentional hazards.
A number of our customers have already used EMPG funding to subscribe to the StationSmarts data management system. We encourage all departments looking to gain the efficiencies and accuracy of a mobile to take advantage of this funding opportunity.
Our team is available to help with your EMPG application. Contact Dave Rocco to learn more.